Monday, March 5, 2012

First Post: A Brief Life Update

I'm very excited about jumping into my blog and sharing my life with y'all! I figured I should open up by explaining the main people and places in my life right now.

I have to admit that while I'm typing this I'm also watching The Bachelor so you'll have to forgive any typos, half thought out sentences, or accidental insertions of "Ben's hair sucks." I have a recent fascination with reality tv. More on that later.


Characters:
My main man, Steven- We will be married for 3 years this summer. (July 11th for those of you who'd like to send a card.) He makes me so happy. He works for OSU. My current list of nicknames for him includes: SteveFM, husband, and shugs. His current nicknames for me: honey bunches of oat and goodness, honey bunches of oats and goodness and wonderfulness with chocolate, and honey bunches of of oats and goodness and wonderfulness and sweetness oh me oh my. I'll let you decide who's more creative.

Sister, Mallory- Senior at OSU. Lives in the same town as me. She keeps me up to date on all things music, celeb, tv, and cheesey jokes.

Sister, Brooke- Lives in the ATL. She's a DNA scientist for the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. Yea, she's that cool. (Turns out 'bureau' is a very hard word to spell. My computer thought I was trying to spell 'reubu,' whatever that is.) I call her when I need advice or a good cry.

Sister, Cameron- Lives in Washington State. She's 11 and way cooler than I will ever be. She's hoping to play laser tag with the fam this summer. I'm hoping she changes her mind by June.

Best Friend, Sarah- Lives in Louisville, Kentucky. She lives life to the fullest and isn't afraid to be spontaneous. She talks me into random road trips on a whim. I talk her into not speeding across the railroad tracks to see if she can make it before the train gets there.

There are many other beloved people in my life and I will give you introductions as they come along, promise. You can look forward to dumb quotes by Sully, corny jokes from dad, cheesey jokes by mom, legit jokes from brother-in-law, and words of wisdom from Pam and Amanda.


Places:
Atlanta, GA: My first home. Where most of my family lives. Home of the Braves. Easily one of the best places on earth.

Tulsa, OK: I moved here when I was 10. Home to mom, stepdad, and Hanson. (Sidenote: I LOVE HANSON.)

Stillwater, OK: The place we currently call home. We'll be here a few more years before moving on to who knows what. Home to the OSU Cowboys.

Pawnee, OK: The small town where I work. It's a 30 minute, 25 mile drive to get there. Home to only 3,500. I got made fun of for wearing heels at the hardware store. Truth be told I'm scared to death to venture out of my office.

Ralston, OK: I work in the school there on Thursdays. 45-minute drive. Maybe 400 people live there. Maybe.

Do you see the trend of how the places in my life keep getting smaller and smaller? At this rate I'll be living on an isolated patch of land with no electricity or running water by the time I'm 30.


About me:
I recently finished my Master's degree in Marriage and Family Therapy from OSU. I currently work for a branch of an agency seeing clients in-home, in-office, and in-school. I see all ages with a host of presenting problems. We'll be getting a dog soon. I don't want a dog. Steven wants a dog. I've postponed it as long as possible.

Later days!

No comments:

Post a Comment