Monday, January 21, 2013

Top 5 Favorite Foods



Last fall while hanging out with my brother-in-law he nonchalantly listed off his top five foods. Well this one conversation threw me into a tailspin. I wanted a top five list of my own! Unfortunately this is no easy task for me. I take things like this very seriously. I have to weigh all possible options. I have to think through all of the foods I’ve ever eaten in my lifetime. It’s a big task.

I laid awake at night for the next several weeks mulling through all of my choices. Once I had my choices I then had to put them in order. That took another two weeks. Once I had my list pretty settled I kept it to myself for a while. I wanted to be sure about things before I made my big announcement. 

I am proud to make my list public. This was a labor of love.

1. A really good, warm, fresh chocolate chip cookie. None of that Chips Ahoy junk. 

2. The Chocolate Thunder from Down Under. This is a dessert at Outback Steakhouse: a warm, fresh, homemade brownie; a giant scoop of vanilla ice cream, scoop of whipped cream, homemade chocolate sauce, and chocolate shavings. I love the mix of hot a cold. 

3. A really good peach. I’m a Georgia girl at heart, what can I say?

4. A really good cinnamon roll. The gooeyness, the icing, peeling back the layers… mmmm!

5. Fried okra! I guess this is the southerner in me too. I can’t say no to fried okra. 

Do you have a list???

1 comment: