Monday, June 11, 2012

A Reminder

Until this past Thursday night, I hadn't written in my journal since January 7th. Oops. When I cracked it open, I decided to re-read my last entry. I feel lead to share what I'd written (with a few minor edits):

1/7/12   Saturday

A good reminder from Mary today. I talked to her about my recent experiences of losing close friendships. She talked about holding on to things with an open hand before God. None of this is mine. It can all be gone at any time. The looser my grip, the less heartache if/when it's gone. Everything belongs to the Lord. I am a steward. He can do as he pleases. My house, my relationships, my job, my health, my family, my money-- none of it is mine. If I adjust my mindset from "mine" to "Yours." I can feel more prepared when things leave/change/come. None of this is mine. It is all Yours. I'm thankful for this strong reminder without the cost of a greater hardship. God, thank you for trusting me with your things. 

 

Funny how after I re-read this it directly applies to my life again 2 days later. Life was never meant to work with closed hands. We must be thankful stewards of what he's given but always remember who is in control. 

"Therefore do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For out light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."
2 Corinthians 4:16-17


1 comment: